It’s fun and easy to make a silk screen in your own home, it just takes some preparation! By popular demand I’m going to run a class on how to make a photo silk screen at home using readily available products and tools. This class I am going to have to prerecord and then have a question and answer period afterward. The advantage of using a photo silk screen is that you can repeat images and scale them to the size that you want. You can also achieve incredible detail in your prints. I use my screens to create slip transfers for my pottery, but there are lots of uses… making t-shirts, posters etc. I will also go over how I do the actual printing. It’s not fancy, but it works!
Click on these words to go to the registration page.
Time: Jan 30, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
This workshop is presented via Zoom.us.
- A computer or smartphone (Computer: macOS X with 10.9 or later. Windows 10/8/7. Smartphone: iOS, Blackberry or Android device)
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in, USB plug-in
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- Zoom System Requirements – https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux
- Mute your audio unless you are addressing the instructor
- If another participant is talking with the instructor do not interrupt, wait until they are finished
- Be on time! After 10:15am late arrivals will not be admitted to the workshop